Family Home Evening celebrating the American Independence Day on the 4th. Our lesson focused on the importance of Self Reliance to a free people. Refreshments was an all American apple pie.
Aster Village - with tours of the dwellings that were closed last winter when we visited.
This home was known for making reed type horns. The sound was amazing.
Corn crib - one in the back of each families home
Romanians seen praying in the old church at the cultural village museum
Loved the log over the creek with a fancy edging.
I thought it would feel safer to cross. When I tried it I was mostly worried about getting hung up on the edge and tripping.
Tree stands for hunting have not changed.
Trying to imagine how the ice stays frozen in this ice house when summer hits.
Cute little old lady
Famous Romanian sculpture, Diaconu Nicolae. If you want something from Romania check out his work being sold at the Astra Culture museum.
Culture costumes by a different artist.
Typical Gypsy costumes seen today.
Skirts have yards and yards of tiny pleats.
My gardenia that I bought in Iasi. It is finally blooming. Hard to believe I didn't kill it like the others I've babied at home. I love the smell.
I just love this new survey we are using in the mission. We've found two English speakers that we were able to discuss it with this past week. One lady from Holland really opened up to us. She was interested in the church's web sites and wants to read the Book of Mormon. The other was a Young single adult at games night. We hope he sometime takes the discussions as the gospel of Jesus Christ has the answers that brings happiness.
1. Is a close, strong family important to you?
2. Should churches provide better programs for families and youth?
3. Do you have a belief in God?
4. Do you believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God?
5. Have you ever asked yourself questions like, “Where did I come from?” “Why am I here on earth?” and “Where will I go after I die?” Do you think that there are answers to these questions
6. Do you believe the Bible to be the word of God or just a history book? If you knew there was another book of scripture written by prophets that testifies of Christ, would you read it?
7. Do you pray?
8. If so, do you feel that God hears and answers prayers?
9. How do you cope with a crisis in your life?
10. Would you like to be happier than you are now? What would make you happier?